Best practices to prevent the spread of infections viruses and pathogens
Numbers of COVID-19 cases are rising globally during the flu season as expected. To keep us and the people around us safe by preventing the spread of pathogens and infections we need to follow basic hygiene rules.
“Good hygiene: the primary way to prevent infections
The first line of defense is to keep germs at bay by following good personal hygiene habits. Prevent infection before it begins and avoid spreading it to others with these easy measures.
- Wash your hands well. You probably wash your hands after using the bathroom, before preparing or eating food, and after gardening or other dirty tasks. You should also wash up after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; feeding or stroking your pet; or visiting or caring for a sick person. Wet your hands thoroughly. Lather up with soap or cleanser and rub it into the palms and backs of your hands and your wrists. Be sure to clean your fingertips, under your nails and between your fingers. Rinse under running water. Dry your hands and wrists thoroughly.
- Cover a cough. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough, then dispose of it. If no tissue is handy, cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than into your hands.
- Wash and bandage all cuts. Any serious cut or animal or human bite should be examined by a doctor.
- Do not pick at healing wounds or blemishes, or squeeze pimples.
- Don't share dishes, glasses, or eating utensils. (As an alternative get yourself one of our Bamboo Cutlery Travel Set)
- Avoid direct contact with napkins, tissues, handkerchiefs, or similar items used by others.” – Harvard Medical School
We hope blog will be useful for you and don’t forget to check out our Automatic Dispenser for Hand Sanitiser. The standalone dispenser will not only protect your staff and customers, but it will also protect the environment. Designed with the circular economy requirements this product is built from sustainable materials and will outlast the pandemic measures no matter how long while saving you time from maintenance and saving on sanitiser usage.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.